Sunday, August 3, 2008

Alexandria, Georgetown, and Crazy Eights!

Today was a very fun day! We met at the Quality Inn at 10am and took the Metro to Alexandria, Virginia. In Alexandria we explored some of the historic sites, such as the Church of Christ. This is the church where our first President, George Washington, worshipped. Then we split into groups for some shopping and lunch.

My group went to a pizzeria. There we split two small pizzas and a salad. We got a broccoli and chicken pizza and a shrimp pizza. Afterwards, we did some shopping. Many of the girls got I Love DC shirts and mood rings. Then, we met the rest of the crew for a boat tour from Alexandria to Georgetown. During the boat tour we saw many beautiful sites, such as the Washington monument and the Capitol building.

When we got to Georgetown, everybody split about and went shopping for an hour. After we met up, I took a group of girls to a beautiful field to rest before dinner. We sat in the shade overlooking the water. I taught the girls how to play one of my favorite card games, Crazy Eights. I was surprised how quickly they learned how to play, they beat me every single time! Then they taught me how to play "Wink", which was very fun. During this time we also got to know each other better. We talked about the sports, music, and movies that we all like.

After we were done resting, we went to go eat. We ate at Qdoba, which is a Mexican fast food resteraunt. This was the first time any of the girls had eaten Mexican and I was very impressed at the different types of food they tried. I'm pretty sure that all of the girls enjoyed their food which made me happy because Mexican food is my favorite. When we were finished eating, we walked to the Metro and came back to College Park.

Today was a wonderful day. It was so fun to have the opportunity to get to know each of the students more. I am looking forward to learning more and more about each of you.

Your friend, Nikki
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

You were really lucky to have great weather this year for Alexandria and Georgetown. Last year, it was so hot we couldn't really enjoy walking around Old Town.

It sounds like you all had a great day. :-)